Jeannette Sermak-Proulx is the founder of Plaza Production One, a mobile dance studio that provides mobile dance classes to schools, organizations and private events throughout Los Angeles and Orange County.
Jeannette has been teaching since 1981 and holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance from California Institute of the Arts, a Bachelor of Arts in English/Dance from Loyola Marymount University, and a Polish Folk Dance Teaching credential from Bursa Szkol Artystynych Lublin, Poland.
During this episode, Jeannette will share how bringing dance into your life can develop your self-confidence. Learn how to practice persistence towards your passion even when you lack the support. If you don’t have the skills you must listen to the tools and technique mentioned during this inspiring conversation!
- 00:53 – Jeannette’s background and introduction
- 03:01 – Finding her true passion through dance
- 05:12 – “I knew that I had to make dance my life” – Jeannette Sermak-Proulx
- 12:09 – Trying to make it as a dancer after given negative feedback
- 16:18 – How to build your self-confidence
- 17:10 – “Dance helps your self-confidence and shown to raise test scores” – Jeannette Sermak-Proulx
- 18:02 – Bringing dance into your life and develop your skills
- 18:17 – “Go get the skills! Don’t wallow in self-pity” – Jeannette Sermak-Proulx