Wendy Burton is the CEO and founder of World Tree, a carbon offset program that’s a sustainable timber investment based on the Empress Splendor tree, the fastest growing tree in the world.
Wendy is living proof that it is possible to combine business savvy with a passion for improving the environment. She believes that everyone can make a difference and that one of the most powerful ways to do that is through investing.
During this episode, Wendy will share how she was able to find the unexpected missing piece to her fulfilling career. Learn how to recognize your blind spots before they derail your personal and professional life. Her story of persistence through harsh economic times and continuous success will inspire you!“It’s in the not quitting that there’s always something that shows up” - Wendy Burton Click To Tweet
- 00:53 – Wendy’s introduction and background
- 03:32 – Leaving home at age 15
- 06:08 – Wendy’s ‘Ah-Ha’ moment
- 07:00 – “I always was in love with trees and I’ve always been a tree hugger” – Wendy Burton
- 10:08 – The roots and history of the tree
- 14:20 – Starting a business in harsh economic times
- 18:09 – “It’s in the not quitting that there’s always something that shows up” – Wendy Burton
- 25:53 – Ways to overcome your blind spot
- 26:02 – “Be open to the connections that you make” – Wendy Burton