Lillian Kanarini Aragones is a former consultant for the NJ Dept of Holocaust-Tolerance Education and an award-winning Teacher, Holocaust-Tolerance Ed Keynote Speaker and Presenter for the NJ Public Schools.
Lillian is a Fibromyalgia Support Group Founder and has become involved in advocating for FM through her paintings, writings, and photography.
During this episode, Lillian will share why it took 7 years to be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and how she accepted the illness including ways she manages her pain. Learn how doing your own research for all aspects of your life is the best practice. This conversation will inspire you to overcome all the challenges in your life. You can empower yourself forever!“I thought I was going crazy but I knew that I wasn’t going crazy” - Lillian Kanarini Aragones Click To Tweet
Links:“For 7 years they were telling me they didn’t know the answer” - Lillian Kanarini Aragones Click To Tweet
- 00:47 – Lily’s background and introduction
- 03:00 – Getting diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after 7 years
- 03:40 – “I thought I was going crazy but I knew that I wasn’t going crazy” – Lillian Kanarini Aragones
- 09:32 – What it’s like to have Fibromyalgia
- 13:46 – Managing your chronic pain
- 16:59 – Accepting the diagnoses you’re given
- 18:47 – “Rather than trying to be who I used to be I just accepted who I was now” – Lillian Kanarini Aragones
- 20:26 – Choosing the proper Doctor and doing your own research
- 22:40 – “For 7 years they were telling me they didn’t know the answer” – Lillian Kanarini Aragones
- 27:10 – “I don’t want to feel better I want to live better” – Lillian Kanarini Aragones
- 29:08 – Overcoming your challenges and empower yourself